Brave Iced Rolls are a scrumptious sweet bread recipe drizzled with vanilla icing and topped with a Maraschino cherry. These medieval munchies will feed your hungry little darlings with imagination and adventure.
- Yield: 12 rolls
- Prep time: 25 mins
- Elapsed time: 90 mins
- Bake time: 25 mins
What You Will Need
- Stand mixer with a dough hook
- Glass liquid measuring cup
- Dry ingredient measure cups
- Piping bag for icing
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk
- 5 tbsp bread flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 whole eggs
- 3 cups plus 1 tbsp bread flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Egg Wash (1 egg + 1 tsp water)
- Rich and Creamy vanilla frosting
- Maraschino Cherries, halved
Optional Orange Glaze
- Add one 1 tsp orange flavoring to 1 cup store bought vanilla frosting.
- Mix well to incorporate.
- Microwave for 5-10 seconds if it needs to be looser.
- Pour into piping bag then pipe on top of rolls.
- Add half a cherry to the top of each.
- Let icing firm (about 10 mins) then enjoy.
These Disney Inspired Brave Scottish Sweet Rolls is fun for the whole family.
- 1 Active Dry Yeast ((packet))
- 1/2 cup Warm Whole Milk
- 5 tablespoons Bread Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 3 cups Bread Flour ((Plus, 1 tbsp.))
- 1 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter ((Room Temp))
- Egg Wash ((1 Egg + 1 tsp. Water))
- Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting ((Premade))
- Maraschino Cherries ((Halves))
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix yeast, warm milk and 5 tbsp. bread flour.
- Cover and let set 10 mins.
- Whisk the eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer
- Fit mixer with dough hook attachment and add in 2 cups bread flour on low speed
- Mix and then add salt and remaining bread flour
- Add in butter chunks and knead dough for 2 mins in mixing bowl
- Remove from bowl. Shape dough into a ball and allow to rise covered for 90 mins in a warm place (the back eye on the stove works)
- Punch down the dough and form 12 small rolls
- Place on parchment lined baking tray, cover and proof for 30 mins
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 22-25 mins until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool before icing
- Pipe creamy vanilla icing over each roll and top with half a maraschino cherry.
- Time To Enjoy!
The dough is very sticky. Use a bench scraper if necessary.
The rolls will be very large after baking. If serving to children I would recommend making 24
rolls instead of 12.
Limited Time Offer ~ Prices are subject to change without notice.
By clicking on our links, we may earn a small commission.
Disclosure statement Here