El Torito Salsa Copycat Recipe. Love El Torito? Your in luck! You will love how easy it is to make this El Torito Salsa Copycat Recipe in just a few simple steps.
I grew up loving El Torito and now that I am in my mid 40’s and I am sadden by all the restaurant closures near our home. My number one favorite item at El Torito is their salsa. If this restaurant chains closes for good, I am happy to know that I have found the best replacement for the real deal.
5-6 plum tomatoes, de-seeded, quartered
1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 green onions, roughly chopped
1 Serrano Chile, seeds and membranes removed
1 jalapeno, with seeds and membranes
3 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp Mexican oregano
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, with liquid
1/3 cup water
1. Combine plum tomatoes through Mexican oregano in a food processor. Pulse until chunky. Move mixture into a large mixing bowl.
2. Combine cilantro and canned tomatoes in food processor. Pulse until pureed. Add water. Pulse until well combined. Add mixture to the large bowl. Stir thoroughly to combine.
3. Place mixture in an airtight container, and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
I am storing mine in a these beautiful Bell Canning Jars just because we can. Any air tight container will be just fine.
Notes: This recipe calls for Plum Tomatoes. I used Roma Tomatoes. My store did not have Plum Tomatoes at the time I purchased the ingredients. I think you will love this recipe no matter which Tomatoes you select so long as they are ripe.
This by far is the closest I have found to be just like the El Torito Salsa that is served at the restaurant. You can find the original recipe at Oregon Transplant.
- Cookie Monster Shares Famous Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Avocado Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 12 Days Of Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Coconut Lime Bath Salt Recipe
- DoubleTree Official Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
You may also enjoy
Join My Newsletter
We love sharing daily deals, freebies, and recipes. Click Here and sign up for my newsletter on my website.
Ibotta is a free cash back rewards and payments app that gives you real cash for everyday purchases when you shop and pay through the app. Ibotta provides thousands of ways for consumers to earn cash on their purchases by partnering with more than 1,500 brands and retailers.
Download the app here and start referring your friends and family for even more cash bonuses. All posts within this website are a Limited Time Offer
All Prices are subject to change without notice. By clicking on our links, we may earn a small commission which in turn supports the operations of this website. You may view Recipes and Joy’s disclosure statement Here