Recipe/photo is from Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes
The news of Souplantation not reopening is sad for only one reason: not being able to devour an endless buffet of Wild Blueberry Muffins. Throw in some Honey Butter and nothing else was this important at the buffet. Not only will be miss their famous Wild Blueberry Muffins but many dining favorites like this Chicken Pot Pie Stew Recipe
Souplantation Chicken Pot Pie Stew Recipe
Time: 1 hour Yield: 9 ½ cups
Raw chicken breast 1/2 lb
Butter 1/2 lb
Diced carrot (3/8″ pieces) 1 1/4 cup
Sliced celery (1/4″ pieces) 1 cup
Minced garlic 1 1/2 tsp
All purpose white flour 6 tbsp
Water 2 1/2 cups
Whole milk 1 1/4 cups
Whipping cream 3/4 cup
Diced red potatoes (1/2″ pieces) 2 cups
Sliced mushrooms (1/4″ pieces) 1 1/2 cups
Pearl onions 3/4 cups
Peas 1/3 cup
Chicken bouillon 4 tsp
Dried thyme 1 1/4 tsp
Kosher salt 1 1/4 tsp
White pepper 1/2 tsp
Black pepper 1/8 tsp
Chopped curly parsley 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place chicken breast on metal sheet pan. Roast in oven until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Slice chicken into ¼” thick pieces and set aside.
- In a 4 quart pot, melt the butter. Add carrot, celery, and garlic and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add white flour and stir to combine. Cook on low-medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add water, milk, whipping cream, red potatoes, mushrooms, pearl onions, peas, chicken bouillon, thyme, kosher salt, white pepper, black pepper, and cooked chicken pieces. Stir to thoroughly combine. Bring to 190 degrees F and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir frequently.
- Fold in parsley and serve. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation) began in San Diego in 1978 by two California surfers who wanted to create a healthy place to eat with endless possibilities. They opened a Restaurant that was committed to using fresh fruit and vegetables, soups, and baked goods made from scratch for their Sweet Tomatoes Recipes.
On March 7, 2020, SanDiegoVille.com reports that “Souplantation Is No More” You can read more about San Diego based restaurant chain not reopening Here.
Thank you Souplantation/SweetTomatoes for sharing this recipe!
Limited Time Offer ~ Prices are subject to change without notice.
By clicking on our links, we may earn a small commission.
Disclosure statement Here