Recipe/photo is from Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes
The news of Souplantation not reopening is sad for only one reason: not being able to devour an endless buffet of Wild Blueberry Muffins. Throw in some Honey Butter and nothing else was this important at the buffet. Not only will be miss their famous Wild Blueberry Muffins but many dining favorites like this Pesto Pumpkin Bisque Recipe.
Souplantation | Sweet Tomatoes Pesto Pumpkin Bisque Recipe
Time: 48 minutes
Yield: 7 ¾ cups
Roma tomatoes 1 lb
Extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp
Kosher salt 1/4 tsp
Butter 4 tbsp
Chopped yellow onion 3/4 cups
Finely minced garlic clove 4 tsp
Pumpkin puree 15 oz can
Tomato paste 5 tbsp
Water 3 cups
Vegetable bouillon 2 1/4 tbsp
Paprika 1 1/2 tsp
Kosher salt 1/2 tsp
Ground black pepper 1/3 tsp
Half and half 1 cup
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Wash tomatoes and remove core. Cut in half lengthwise.
- In a medium size bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, ground black pepper, and tomatoes. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place tomatoes on a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until a slight charred appearance. Set aside for later.
- In a 4 quart pot, melt the butter. Add onions and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 6 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add pumpkin puree and tomato paste. Sauté for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, vegetable bouillon, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, and roasted Roma tomatoes. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add half and half and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Basil Pesto Croutons
Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
Plain cut croutons 4 cups
Basil pesto sauce 5 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine croutons and pesto sauce and thoroughly mix to coat croutons.
- Transfer croutons to a baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes or until toasted.
Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation) began in San Diego in 1978 by two California surfers who wanted to create a healthy place to eat with endless possibilities. They opened a Restaurant that was committed to using fresh fruit and vegetables, soups, and baked goods made from scratch for their Sweet Tomatoes Recipes.
On March 7, 2020, SanDiegoVille.com reports that “Souplantation Is No More” You can read more about San Diego based restaurant chain not reopening Here.
Thank you Souplantation/SweetTomatoes for sharing this recipe!
Limited Time Offer ~ Prices are subject to change without notice.
By clicking on our links, we may earn a small commission.
Disclosure statement Here